Mission Momentum offers the following workshops that are designed and ready to deliver to nonprofit executives and board members. In addition, we can design and deliver custom workshops to meet your specific needs.
Board Leadership and Engagement: Fundamentals for Success is a 3-hour workshop for nonprofit executives and board members who want to be more effective in their role.
This interactive BoardSource workshop will help participants gain greater clarity and understanding about nonprofit board roles and responsibilities, how to achieve an effective partnership between the board and the nonprofit chief executive, where the board should focus its time and energy, and ways to strengthen their organization’s board. This BoardSource-approved curriculum is delivered only by BoardSource certified governance trainers, a select group of expert trainers that complete a rigorous application and certification process.
As a result of attending this workshop, participants will:
- Build an understanding and working knowledge of the roles, responsibilities and expectations of nonprofit boards
- Understand how to build a stronger partnership between the chief executive and the board
- Identify specific needs and action steps for increased effectiveness
Nonprofit Board Basics is a 1.5-hour interactive workshop for individuals who are considering a nonprofit board role. In this workshop, participants will:
- Build an understanding of the roles and responsibilities of nonprofit boards
- Assess their individual readiness for nonprofit board service
- Identify potential nonprofits to consider for board service
- Learn about how to assess a nonprofit before agreeing to join its board
Introduction to Strategic Planning is a 1.5 hour interactive workshop for individuals who are inexperienced with strategic planning within the nonprofit setting. In this workshop, participants will:
- Build an understanding of strategic planning in nonprofits – the importance, the process and terminology
- Review their organization’s current strategic plan to:
- Identify strengths
- Identify opportunities for improvement
- Assess progress
- Make suggestions for next strategic plan